Saturday 1 August 2020

Midnight thoughts: Friendships


It has been quite a long time since I last pulled an all-nighter. I couldn't sleep, and I ended up overthinking about a lot of things which resulted in me sleeping at 5 a.m. .

College is starting really soon (around 3 more days), and the prospect of living in dorms and meeting new friends is really exciting! I love love LOVE making new friends (weird I know since I am very shy most of the time). I especially love it when we ended up close!

But these midnight thoughts are really disturbing. I started thinking about all the friends I have lost since primary school. It is such a pity that I am no longer close to the people who I used to call my besties. 

All the what-ifs are really making me so sad. Geez... I couldn't help but wonder if I really am a loner for crying over lost friendships. But I really couldn't help it...we shared so many embarrasing and awkward memories only for us to end up being strangers. 

Maybe one day I will be bold enough to mend the awkwardness that formed between us. 

But right now, I need to remind myself to stop holding on to the past. I love the few close friends that I have right now, and I love the 'Me' that I ended up becoming because of them. ❤

Sigh...I don't even know what the point of this post is. But...to sum up my thoughts... I value friendships so much. I'm grateful for all the friendships I had the pleasure of making even though some of them did not last. But the memories will always be engraved on my heart. 

And I am really looking forward to getting to know more kindred spirits in the future. ❤

Post a Comment