Monday 5 December 2022

sunlight

Sunlight is streaming in through the window,
caressing my face with its warmth,
the light it brings onto my skin,
is blowing away the dark clouds in my mind.

Can you feel how happy I am? I want this feeling to seep into these words and right through your screen and make petals of cherry blossoms to fall right around you! I want these words to billow a stream of breezes that kisses you in the cheek and swirl around you in a hug. I am thankful for the sunlight, and the warmth that it brings, and the feelings that it conjured in my heart. 

How do I ever tell the sun how much I love it? How do I ever let it know how I appreciate it so much? I hope by opening up the curtains and windows every morning and letting it stream into my room is enough of a love letter to it. 

The reflection of lights on the teapot, the stillness of a kitchen in the afternoon, everything that puts your existence under a magnifying glass, I shall love them all.

Post a Comment